Tuesday, August 01, 2006

What I Did on My Summer Vacation

I go back to work at the end of this week. I did not have the summer I had planned. Somethings were great and others less than happy. Tonight I just felt a need to write.

I read a lot of books, and I love doing that. I enjoyed watching DVD's, something I rarely do during the school year. I've picked up two new shows to watch. I'm watching a BBC show called Life on Mars. It's quite interesting. I've finally discovered the show Without a Trace and have thoroughly enjoyed that.

I've spent quality time with friends. The road trip that I posted about earlier with Margarita Prairie Rose, was one I shall never forget! I spent a week with my sister in the BIG city. I was sent to a fabulous workshop called Capturing Kids Hearts, and got to stay in a nice hotel.

I've listened to my son and his soon to be ex-wife as they have gone through separating and moving out. Kids, who knew that being the parent of adult children would be such a challenge??

I've found out I am going to be the grandmother of a GIRL!! A rarity in the family and that she will have the same middle name as my mother and I! Yes I have been buying pink clothes and having fun!

I have watched and helped a friend as his wife has dealt with some mind altering side effects to a prescription drug. Not pretty, not pretty at all, and I learned that if you spend enough time listening to someone else's irrational fears of conspiracy, you may start to think that way yourself!

I've discovered the joys of massage and have begun my own addiction to getting massages! I've found a new haircut, and tomorrow will get my "greys" covered up.

Sadly, I did not get to the beach once this summer, nor did I go home to visit friends and my mother. I also did not begin that diet and exercise program,and did not get all the closets cleaned out, but I did go through and get rid of a lot of stuff.

I'd say it's been a pretty full summer. What did you do for your summer vacation??

1 comment:

Vivian Louise said...

Not like I actually know, but having adult children is just as challenging, if not more so in some ways, than having little ones. For one thing, you can't spank them anymore when they do something boneheaded.

Congratulations on the Grandbaby Girl!!! That's fabulous.