Monday, June 05, 2006

The Joys of No School

I've made my first trip of the summer and have begun my summer reading. Yes, Virginia there is a summer! (And I hope to make it to Virginia on one of my trips)

My husband and I went to the Blues Fest in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. We were with people we truly enjoy spending time with, we were able to enjoy one of our favorite bands, the Beat Daddys, and we relaxed. It was a little slice of heaven! The venue was not too crowded, actually it was undercrowded, but made for a very relaxed listening atmosphere.

I'm reading, what else would a reading teacher be doing on vacation? I actually read a grown up book! It was Jeffrey Deaver's Cold Moon and enjoyed it! Other than Deaver's book I've been reading books I can recommend to kids, like the Alex Rider series, by Anthony Horowitz, I'm on the 3rd one in the series. Pete Hautman's book Rash was a wonderful read. Hautman's book No Limit was so good, that I just had to read more. James Patterson's book Maximum Ride: School's Out Forever, was fun also.

I'm not sure where I'll go next on my reading adventure, but since I received a gift certificate from a student and her mom, to Barnes & Noble no less, so I know the adventure will continue. That is one of my favorite things about summer is reading all day! That is 6 books so far, and I've only just begun!

Happy Reading to all. I'd love to know what you are reading out there in cyber-world. Have a great summer. I'll keep ya posted on my reading and my adventures!

1 comment:

Vivian Louise said...

If you make it to Virginia you had better call me!