Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Update, I am still here

Finally, I have returned. With the new granddaughter and Christmas and my son getting a divorce, and he's taking a new job on the other side of the country, and he's moving (duh) to say the least, I have been overwhelmed! I mean I still am.

TC, is not in my class!!! YIPEE. I won't go into details, but she is no longer my problem to deal with. 6th period has not changed much, except I still have the Mouth of the South, who NEVER stops talking unless she has fallen asleep. I sent her to the AP yesterday so the rest of the kids could work. It was amazing, within TWO minutes they were quiet and working hard. But she was back in class again today and the AP told me tell her twice to be quiet and after that send her to me! WOO HOO!!

We gave benchmark exams, the ones I thought would pass did, and the ones I didn't think would pass didn't! Surprise! So now I have to crunch numbers and return a report to my principal.

The powers that be have announced that we will be combining the Literature and Writing classes. I don't like it! I don't wanna do it, but I will. I was able to attend 2 workshops, over a 3 day period last week. I also went to the dentist, so I missed 4 days! The workshops were great! All about writing and very do-able!

The dentist, well that is another story, I have to get my gums scraped! EEEWWWWWW. I am so looking forward to that. (Sarcasm) And I have to have a crown replaced. I inherited the bad mouth. My gran had gum problems, my dad had to have tons of dental work done, and I inherited their genes. Oh Gran is on my mom's side of the family! Genetics aren't they a hoot??

Other than that we're all fine and healthy, except for my mother-in-law who fell and broke her hip. She lives in a different state, so I all I can go on is the report of my sis-in-law who says she doesn't look great and the doc who says she's doing great!

No major dramas at school, just the usual. But I am still here. I hope you are too!

1 comment:

Ms. H said...

Welcome back!!! It sounds like you're staying even busier than normal...I got tired just reading your post! Whew. I gotta go. I gotta take a nap....ha!
take care of you!