Sunday, November 19, 2006

Welcome Baby Girl!

Something rather unusual (at least in our family) happened yesterday. Our first granddaughter was born! I am a mother to 3 sons and 2 grandsons, but yesterday the first girl born! Her middle name is the same as mine and my mother's (Sue) and her nickname will be my maternal grandmother's first name Lena!

She entered this world just prior to 6 pm, weighing 6 lbs. 8 oz, 19 3/4 inches in length with a head full of hair. I think she's beautiful, so does her other grandmother and her "Paw-Paw", her brother, her daddy, her mother, and anyone else who has seen her.

Yes I've already bought her some books! It was a great way to start the Thanksgiving break!

On a secondary note, the Chap stick kid has transferred out of my class! Two students chose to transfer in (due to an overcrowded class) I've had 3 new students assigned to me. So far my educational miracles for the year have been to see several students who did not like to read, read enough to get their Accelerated Reader points and have carry over! Another student asked if he could be a student aide for me! I was delighted.

Also I am reading Kelly Gallagher's books Deeper Reading & Reading Reasons. Both have given me a shot in the arm especially for my class of apathetic students!

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Dan Edwards said...

Congrats on your new grand daughter.....someone Grandma can someday take shopping and teach family kitchen traditions.....(not that your grandson's can't do these things too.)

Hope all remain healthy and happy!

Unknown said...

Many congrats on adding another future reader to your family!

And isn't Accelerated Reader grand? I don't care what the "experts" say - that program motivates kids to read & better yet comprehend!

Kim said...

Congratulations on Lena Sue! What wonderful news.

Vivian Louise said...

It's late, but Congratulations!!!!

EHT said...

This is December 10th so you must be very busy with that new baby! Congrats!