Sunday, February 26, 2006

When the Guests have Gone

My guests have left the building. I was so happy that I baked two loaves of bread for them to wish them well in their new dwelling. I went through my pantry and gave them some basics to get started up with again. I have my home back again.

I've been thinking a lot about Kid. I see him as someone who knows no boundaries, because no one has been strongly consistent enough. I observed his parents, and heard why they weren't able to do thus and such, but, Kid is out there floundering. Perhaps when they are once again in their own space without needing to share it he will do better.

It is always a challenge to share ones living space with others, and in this case more challenging because I "shot first and aimed later". I'm not going to invite anybody but long time friends and family to stay for awhile. I love the stillness and calm that has returned. I feel like I can talk openly without worrying who is in the house to hear.

I am looking forward to playing the music I like LOUDLY! To running around the house in whatever I want to wear, or not wear, and have no worries about who will see. I feel safe again in my own home. I am sure the Guests would be mortified to have heard what I have vented here, but, that is how I feel.

I have my house back!

1 comment:

Vivian Louise said...

I hope you get to take and long happy bubble bath.