Friday, September 22, 2006

It wasn't bad enough the first time?

We sat through a (ho hum) boring inservice prior to school beginning. Our district bought copies of the book for each one of us. The presenter had us follow along as he read the book to us! Now we have to form small groups and write up chapter summaries. We came, we saw and listened, and now we get to write book report?!

Our CTA rep is blowing a gasket and may get upclose and personal with our super.

I believe it is important for us to say on top of our craft. I read the research and glean what I can use and what I can't use. I also spend humondo amounts of time reading YA Literature so that I know what to push them into as they explore the world of literature.

Why do I feel punished and down trodden?

3 comments:

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Why do you feel punished and downtrodden? Probably because you are! (I am insulted when inservice presenters read material to me that I am perfectly capabable of reading myself.)

Onyx said...

I felt insulted that he read to us also! That was a big part of the problme he read tooo much to us!

EHT said...

You are not alone. We had a faculty meeting this past week. By the time I finally got out of there I thought I was going to blow a gasket.....do this, do that, don't do this or that, and oh by the way read this, this, and this.

Deep cleansing breaths, deep cleansing breaths!