Friday, March 17, 2006

Ramblings of an insomniac

It chaps my hide to be tired and yet the brain will not go to sleep so I'll ramble

I just saw Whale Rider and really loved that movie. I highly recommend it.
I also watch King Arthur which I also enjoyed, and then did some serious research into the Sarmatian culture. Really neat stuff.

I've also decided that in a world that seems to have little religious tolerance for others I will do some serious studying of the Islamic culture and religious philosophy. I've read two books so far and have learned a lot. I was not aware the Muslims believe that Abraham built the Kaaba as a house of worship. That is just one piece of information that comes to my sleep-deprived consciousness.

I found far more things to agree with or even ponder than I thought I would. Muslims are supposed to honor Christians and Jews as people of the book, but we do not honor them by learning of their book. It will not convert me to Islam, but so far is helping me understand my own branch of Christianity .

I'm also reading the His Dark Materials trilogy and have found that to be fascinating as well. I wish I had more time for reading and research.

I have a wonderful husband, who loves me and I feel so very blessed. I work at a job I enjoy (most days) My children are healthy and happy and married. I have friends who will drive 6 hours to spend a couple of days together, I have other friends who I have never met, that are also a great support.

I just finished Inexcusable by Chris Lynch. Quite a good book, but sad, to see how this young man thinks he's a good guy and has a great family, but it starts falling apart. Good read and reach your own conclusions.

No comments: