Thursday, May 18, 2006

Teachers Such

Yes, you read that right. That was recently scrawled on the door to the teacher's stall in the restroom. I found it and I had to wonder was this a sentence fragment or bad spelling? If I were in charge I would have gotten on the intercom and said something like this:

"Boys and girls, we've had something sad happen. There is graffiti in the girls restroom. I want to read it to you. It says teachers such. Now I don't know who would do such a thing. But please remember to spell your graffiti correctly." In my imagination in some class all eyes would turn to the offending person, and some kid would remark "Gee, you can't even spell suck?"

In my mind I wondered, golly you can all spell the F word, don't yah know the two rhyme? Whatever happened to teaching word families? Somebody is falling down on the job! But on the other hand perhaps it was some youngster who admires the educational staff and was interrupted while writing "Teachers such wonderful people".

On another note, I had phone calls from my son and daughter in law today. They called each independent of the other. They have separated. I am heart broken. I am hoping they will work things out. My son will be coming to visit for a few days next month. My daughter in law wants to stay married, my son wants to find himself. I have no answers for either of them.

3 comments:

EHT said...

Gee....can't they find themselves yet cohabitat? I don't have a married child yet but I do feel for you. Like you I am really, really ready for the last day of school. I finally am getting around to linking to your site. I apologize it has taken me so long. You really have some great posts and now I will be able to click to you easier. Hang in there...we are almost there.

Mike in Texas said...

If two teachers are caught having sex are they fuching?

Onyx said...

Mike you made me laugh! I will share your comment at school. It's sure to get a comment.

elementaryhistoryteacher, thanks. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blatherings.

To everyone else, that light up ahead, its not an oncoming train or the twilight zone; it is the light of freedom and summer