Thursday, May 04, 2006

Just Being Myself

School is almost over. I am tired of the kids and they are tired of school. Just the usual is happening. Kids are being goofy, I am a bit crabby and we're all counting down the days.

It's time to pack up the classroom, and beg the janitorial staff to NOT move the computer. There are files to go through, reports to finish up and the top of my desk to find once again. We're having fire drills, weather drills and intruder drills. There are field trips out the wazoo and teacher appreciation luncheons, at least once a week.

I am looking forward to sleeping in, reading all day if I want to, traveling, sewing, and in general relaxing. Speaking of reading I have a stack of books to read, and I am looking forward to driving to a beach and sitting and reading. I'll have a cooler of soda, junk food and a portable radio to listen to an oldies station.

I don't have anything to rant about. My state probably won't fund a raise and the much needed changes on campus and in the district probably won't happen. I've done my job. I've tried to be a good teacher.

I guess that's it. I've almost made it through another year of teaching and I plan to go back. But I really need this summer break!

No comments: